December 22, 2012

First Extras Work - Yellow Face

Hi everyone! I've got an update for you today :) I've tried to make it into an approximated timeline!

4:00 A.M. : Alarm clock buzzes. Snoozed for 10 minutes.
4:10 A.M. : Shower
4:35 A.M. : Get ready - makeup, hair, get dressed
5:15 A.M. : Leave the apartment to drive to L.A.
6:30 A.M. : Shell gas fill-up, french vanilla cappuccino caffeine necessity, and Carl's Jr. breakfast stop - spicy chicken sandwich and small fries
6:45 A.M. : Waiting in the level 3 parking structure of East Los Angeles College. My call time was 8:00 A.M. - Better early than late!
7:30 A.M. : Walk to set. Sit around and wait to be called.
9:00 A.M. : Called on set for first scene. This goes on for four hours with two 15-minute breaks.
12:30 P.M. : Sit around and wait. Outfit change for the next scene.
1:15 P.M. : Lunch time - catered food - BBQ ribs, chicken, mac&cheese, veggie burgers, hotdog and buns, watermelon, assorted veggies, mashed potatoes, etc.
1:30 P.M. : Call my friend to complain how I fail to make new acquaintances - painfully shy/scared
2:15 P.M. : Called back to set. Sit around and wait to be called.
3:00 P.M. : Called for next scene. Three takes and we're done :) Break time again. Outfit change for the next scene.
3:20 P.M. : Called for next scene. Few takes and we're done!
3:45 P.M. : It's a wrap for me!

I basically brought a LOT of clothes and it paid off! I went through three very different outfits for the three scenes. I also got to work with awesome actors - principals and extras both! Sorry, I didn't get any pictures. I do have my Facebook updates throughout the shoot!

8:31am: Reading a historical romance while I wait to be called by the costume designer. Woe, back in the day, if a woman was kissed by an unmarried man, she's ruined for life. How utterly ridiculous!

8:50am: I've got a cheeky grin. Costume designer just came to look at our clothes. I get to stay in the exact same outfit I'm wearing now. That's a nice boost to my self-esteem :) thank God for this awesome coat!

11:13am: You know you love your job when you don't get bored just sitting around waiting for your cue or doing the same thing a million times. Do what u love; don't let other people dictate your life.

Anyway, I'm excited to go on my next project! Hopefully they will start coming in more often by beginning of next year.

Future projects: I am recruiting two female actor friends to help me recreate a scene in one of the books I read. Possibly more projects in the future if time permits with the filmmaker.

UPDATE: OH MY GOSH. I just did a Google search on the actor we worked with today on set. He was Christopher Gorham: Piper Perabo's Co-star in Covert Affairs in the USA Network!!! Practically next door to White Collar - my favorite show!!! I feel so bad I didn't know who he was and didn't get to talk to him! I'm kind of mad at myself for being so shy! *sigh* Lesson learned. Talk to anyone and everyone, you never know who you're talking to.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow -- that sounds so exciting. Love the idea of the book scene re-creations. Keep us posted.
have a great holiday!

Arianne said...

Happy holidays to you, too!

Post a Comment