September 29, 2013

4 Auditions, 1 Weekend

I had quite a busy weekend with 4 auditions total for student films and pilots. I think, overall, I did great, so I'm really hoping to book at least 2 of them!

SATURDAY



1st Audition: "The Other Me" at Pasadena Community College
This was for a small part where my character comes on screen, probably for a split second, and waves to the main character. The director/writer was apologetic that the part was really small, but he said he's writing a sequel. I told him it was fine, it's kind of like an investment. Plus, I liked him and his videographer. I just did poses of looking at a distance, pretending to look at the main character. I hope I get this one!

2nd Audition: "Tiny Tainers" at Columbia College Hollywood
This location was pretty cool. It had box office movies on the walls and it just felt like a real deal school for filmmakers. I auditioned for the part of a police officer. I like the challenge. I'm hoping to get this one and hope that it can help show a range of what I can do. I also like the two people I auditioned for!

SUNDAY



1st Audition: "The Rogue Equation" at Calespana Apartments
This audition was for a pilot about a nurse who cares a lot about her patients. My character was the friend who admires the main character so much to the point that she comes off pathetic. The audition process was interesting. I learned that I should ALWAYS have a monologue memorized and ready to recite - one for drama, one for comedy. I felt completely unprepared and caught off guard when asked to recite one. I was definitely disappointed about that. I was also informed that the character I auditioned for has a lot of baggage, so crying on cue would be necessary. If I get this part, it would definitely be a big challenge.

2nd Audition: "MAYA" at Vanguard University
This audition was fun. I liked the people that I auditioned for. They were so friendly and I felt like I was already invested in it. I asked a lot of questions about the characters to get an idea of how I should portray them on camera. I auditioned for another part other than the main character as well. It looks like if I get cast, it might be for the supporting character. I don't mind at all as long as I get cast!

Overall, I had such a great experience auditioning this weekend! I felt comfortable and less afraid, which was an accomplishment considering the kinds of things I'm going through at the moment. Booking these gigs would just be the cherry on top. Please pray for me if you're reading this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment