August 30, 2012

My Dramatic Monologue

Today was the second day for my acting class. We discussed things that we observed around us in the past week or so. I talked about my observation of people, especially in business, that twist the truth as a means to an end. It's amazing how someone will say what they want to say even though it is false and they know it. Anyways, the whole discussion lasted an hour and a half. Next week, we will start reading the scripts that we will be working on this semester. I'm quite excited for that!

Today was also my first meeting with my independent study adviser. I was happy to report that I've found the dramatic monologue that I will be working on this semester. It is from the play called FLIPZOIDS by Ralph B. Pena. I can really relate to the character and I felt like it was my story, too. Needless to say, I'm excited to be working on this monologue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! Sounds fun and I hope the monologue goes well!

Arianne said...

thanks Jen :) Hoping that it goes well, I might film it later in the semester :)

Post a Comment