January 6, 2013

How My Auditions Went...

I had fun!

I arrived at my first audition an hour early. It was for a student film called Double Crossing for the role of Susan. She was cute but didn't look very smart. I was asked to read three times, with three different instructions. I was there for a very short time, and then they said they will call me if I get chosen.

My next audition was not until late afternoon so me and my mom drove to Hollywood Boulevard and did some sight seeing. We ate at Popeye's for brunch before starting our adventure. After an hour, we found the shopping area deeper into Hollywood Blvd. They had such a big Sephora there, and if I had any budget to spend, I probably would have bought something.





When we left the shopping area, we found impersonators. They always fascinate me. Very believable indeed. I candidly took some pictures of some of them, including someone taking a picture with a statue of Shrek :)





I also took a lot of pictures of the names in the Walk of Fame.



This was one specifically for my friend Lisa Kessler - Ray Bradbury is one of her heroes :)

Then I took some random pictures including the room in the motel that we were staying at for the night.





Finally, it was time to go to my second audition. It was a play called End of the World (as we know it). I was there for an hour. The director was funny and made us all feel comfortable. Basically there were a size of a class in that audition! Then, we went up to the stage to warm up. We were put into groups after that, and then it was time to audition.

Thanks to Matt Bomer and my crazy obsession with him, my audition went well :) The instructions to us was to picture something massive coming at us and we had to react. I just pictured a giant Matt Bomer, and you can just imagine a fan-girl face :)

Seems like I made an impression to the director because he said: "You! You're so soft spoken, but then you get on that stage and..." I don't exactly remember what he said in the end, but it was good :)

Overall, I had fun! Check out these video clips I tried to take while we were walking down Hollywood Blvd.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

ow im glad your auditions went well. good luck on the results and to more auditions in the future.

Arianne said...

thanks! :)

Lisa Kessler said...

Thanks for the pic of Ray Bradbury's star!!!

So glad you had a super trip and great auditions!!!

Lisa :)

Post a Comment