January 8, 2013

Rehearsals: Day 1

Day 1...

We started at 11:30am. We started with some basic stretches and then we screamed at the top of our lungs. After that, the people who were there yesterday performed what they learned. Then, the director added some more scenes, which I got to be a part of. It was nerve wracking to say the least.

What I found out about this show...

It is a movement performance. There is no script, just movements, facial expressions, and music. Easy enough? Not quite. Some of the movements were out of my comfort zone, specifically, dancing. We had to do a dance with our partner, it could be waltz or anything basic. When the music changes, we had to do dirty dancing. Let me tell you...

Dancing is not my best friend.

I have no idea how to waltz or even slow dance. It's a given I don't know how to dirty dance either. Thankfully, I was partnered with an awesome actor. He helped me out, literally gave me directions when we were on stage. He taught me something super simple, but I still have to work on it.

Now, the big "Woah".

The director wanted to stage a clean orgy of some sort. Basically, one of us had to be lying down while the other would be sitting on top. Then, to make it look believable, we had to do a "shampoo commercial" effect. It was weird but I got through it. There was actually no interaction between the partners. That was NOT allowed. No ma'am.

Honestly, I was ready to give up because I was terrified. But now, I have a new perspective. If I can't get through something like this, then I'm not meant for the industry.

Anyway, that's day one. Come back tomorrow for Day 2!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. This is going to be a great memory for you! I can just see you now on talk shows when you get big and they are going to asking you about your "orgy" LOL. I am SO proud of you!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. :)

Arianne said...

I could imagine myself blushing and being embarrassed. Haha, but it's just acting and it has to be professional. Thanks for following the journey! :)

Lisa Kessler said...

Sounds like an interesting experience!

So this isn't the traditional production of Dark of the Moon. It's a sensual play anyway, but it had spoken lines...

You can do it Arianne!!!

*HUGS*

Lisa :)

Arianne said...

thanks Lisa! I'm actually having fun. It was less terrifying when I knew what we were doing.

Jen said...

OMG -- that is crazy!
Can't wait to read the next installment.

Arianne said...

That's what I thought, too!

Post a Comment