January 12, 2013

Movie Rehearsal and Audition Day

Today was such a long day. I feel like I've been all over Los Angeles.

I got to the location for the movie rehearsals at 9:30am and I wasn't supposed to be there until 11:00am. I tried to take a nap. I think it might have worked for a little bit...

At 10:45am, I decided to go in and maybe we'll get started early. I was given the script and I read it over and over again, saying the lines a little differently each time. Just a couple minutes before 11:00am, a guy walks in. I figured, he must be one of the characters. Turns out, he was Jack - my boyfriend.

We started rehearsal and I thought we were just going to read the script. I was wrong. We did the scene as if it was the real deal minus the costume. Chris plays Jack and he was quite comfortable. The director told us the back story. My story was that I met him at a club and I'm absolutely in love with him. Imagine that :)

I think we both did great in rehearsals. Chris was funny and made the mood light, which I really appreciated. When we were given a break, he told me he researched me online and found my blog. Which he found, I didn't find out. How cool! So, of course we talked about Matt Bomer and 50 Shades of Grey... We both couldn't finish the book.


When we finished rehearsal, I brought out my robes and big T-shirts so the director can pick which of the pieces he liked. I'm excited to be doing this film, but also nervous about the scene itself. It's another demand that is out of my comfort zone. I found that it's actually satisfying to step out of my box and try something new. I feel proud of myself afterwards.

After I left, I went to my second audition. I was TWO hours early, and it was so cold! I had some Carl's Jr. in my car and then read a book on my Kindle app while I waited. Then, a little before 2:00pm, I made my way over to the audition area.

I read the side twice, and they gave me one more page to read. I really did not feel good about that audition, but they did laugh. Then again, I didn't feel good about most of my audition and I've gotten cast in all so far. So, here's to hoping I get cast in this pilot as well!

I cancelled my second audition.

I'm going to go and have dinner now. Check back here on Monday for updates on rehearsal for Dark Side of the Moon :)

2 comments:

Lisa Kessler said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way for the audition!!! :)

And congratulations on the movie rehearsal going well! You're on a roll...

*HUGS*

Lisa

Arianne said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm learning that stepping out of my comfort zone is more satisfying than anything :D

Post a Comment