January 24, 2013

Rehearsal: Day 12 and 13

I completely forgot to blog yesterday!

Anyway, yesterday we had former magistrate, Josh, visit us again. If you remember, I mentioned him in one of my other entries. Did I mention he's super cool? As shy as I am, he was able to push me and inspire me to be better. Of course, I didn't really show it to him, but I was so pumped, I was making faces the entire 2-hour drive home.

When I got home yesterday, I went and bought my black T-shirt and white table cloth from two different stores so that I can start rehearsing with my costume. I was so excited after I figured out how I wanted to wear them, I even experimented with makeup. Let's just say it took so many takes and weird angles for me to even get two pictures I liked. Unfortunately, I am in Santa Monica right now, so I don't have my cable to connect my camera to my computer.

Anyway, Josh said that he could see why the director chose me to play the original minion girl. Not sure what he saw, but the magistrate in our cast told me the same later that night. Well, if that didn't boost my motivation meter, I don't know what could have.

Today...was so much fun! It took me 2.5 hours to drive from where I live to the rehearsal because of rain and my quest to try and find a faster route - I don't think I did, by the way. I just paid $5.50 in a toll road and I still got to rehearsal at 10:30 instead of my preferred 10:00am for the 11:00am call. Anyway, I'm weird. Moving on to the actual rehearsal.

I was so hyper and excited, I changed into my costume and everything. I already did my eye makeup before I left the house, so I just needed to put on my lipstick and black eyeliner to line my lips. Loved it.

While we were waiting to start, one of the cast members looked at me and decided to give me a suggestion. He said I was too cute, just like what Josh said yesterday. He said my hair in a ponytail makes me look cute, not-at-all scary. Shucks. So, I let my hair down, shake it a little, and try for a scary face. Other members said it worked so I went with it.

When rehearsal finally started, we didn't start from the beginning. I was dressed for the beginning, so I came as I was. The director said I was too cute, and looked like a middle eastern something. I don't quite remember. Well, I was supposed to be a minion in the scene we were doing. I finally decided to strip my white clothes and be "bad." It's so amusing how I just seem to entertain them. The simplest thing seem to fascinate them, maybe because they keep saying I'm too "cute". *Sigh* I can't help nature, peoples ;)

Finally, we ran the show from the beginning and I felt great. We needed to work on some parts, but overall, I was better than yesterday. I think I still could look scarier, but the hair in front of my face definitely help with that effect.

I'm so excited for tomorrow's rehearsal! I'm hoping we would get to run it TWICE! Then, after that, it's SHOW TIME this Sunday!!!

This is from the Grudge movie. Imagine my face in it with all those hair and a much meaner, uglier face :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, it's hard to imagine you looking scary. Can't wait to hear how it comes out.

Arianne said...

It's a challenge for sure :D

Lisa Kessler said...

You can't help your cuteness! :)

Keep having fun!!!

*HUGS*

Lisa :)

Post a Comment