January 14, 2013

Rehearsal: Day 5

Day 5: Weird

Today was just strange for me. Something felt different. Might have been that everyone seemed to be more talkative than normal, or that a lot of people were still missing. I don't know if they quit or just going through some things and couldn't attend rehearsals.

Anyway, I feel like I'm losing focus. I need to concentrate harder and work harder on this play. I feel like I'm just there and I shouldn't just be existing. I'm being really insecure lately. I'm getting too critical with myself and I need to reaffirm why I'm doing this and why I belong in this play.

I'm too self-conscious and I really need to work on that. I know for a fact that I stand out more when I freeze up on stage, yet I'm struggling to get over my shyness and self-consciousness. This is frustrating.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't get discouraged. You got this girl!!

Lisa Kessler said...

You nailed it... When you freeze up is when you draw attention to yourself, so program your brain to stay engaged. You can use your shyness in a way!

Think of it like this... "Don't let them see the real me." They'll only see "you" if you get shy... So be shy and "hide" by acting...

Make sense? :)

You can do this Arianne!!! And you're good at it or they never would have cast you!!!

*HUGS*

Lisa ;)

Arianne said...

thanks Trellyn

Arianne said...

You're so sweet. thanks so much for that!

Post a Comment