January 15, 2013

Rehearsal: Day 6

Day 6: My pleading prayer last night was answered...

I met traffic this morning so I arrived on location a little later than usual. I stayed in my car and sang along to my favorite song, Payphone by Maroon 5, while attempting (and failing) to braid my hair. Seriously, I don't know why I can't braid my hair anymore. It's so frustrating.

Anyway, I went into the rehearsal room 10 minutes before 11am which was our call time. Technically, we don't even start until 11:30am. Anyway, the door was not open yet so I started playing Payphone on my phone again. I watched the video until the end and felt energized. Then, I asked someone how I could get to backstage from the dressing room. Someone showed it to me, and then someone else asked where it was and I tagged along. After that, conversation started and my day was going great.

When we were finally rehearsing, the director said something about my smile so I smiled bigger. Then, he gave me a crucial part of the play: I got to beat someone up and pretend I was a she-Hulk. Oh dear. Can you imagine? I punch like a girl and I can't even imagine being the Hulk. I tried my best, but still self-conscious. I'm going to try and practice my swing and my silent growl for tomorrow's rehearsals.


The play is turning out to be so interesting. My favorites are the devil scenes. What can I say? I like the evil things on stage ;)

Fun fact for today: I got a casting notice from LA Casting for a Sexy Bad Boy. I guess I'm now considered a sexy bad boy? Haha! That notice was immediately deleted after I announced it in the rehearsal hall.

So, that's my day. I have an audition tomorrow at 2:30pm and a meeting with an acquaintance. I hope my energy would still be high by tomorrow. So help me God.

P.S. Thanks to Lisa Kessler for such an inspiring advice/comment to yesterday's post. You're amazing.

2 comments:

Lisa Kessler said...

Hee! I love your Hulk picture!!! LOL

So glad you had a better day!!! :) And I'm super proud of you Chica!!! Keep chasing your dream... :)

*HUGS*

Lisa

Arianne said...

Thanks Lisa!! That will be my face tomorrow (hopefully). Bring out the Hulk! lol

Post a Comment